lev at rpgreview.net lev at rpgreview.net
Fri Aug 31 10:27:32 EST 2012

Hi Steve,

> It sounds like you have a deep grounding in the area -- why not write up a
> "primitive cultures for the simulationist" background piece?  It would
> scratch your itch and help anyone else who wants a similar depth of
> treatment.

Fair comment... Although it is not just the primitive professions that
raised an eyebrow. I couldn't help noticing that despite the Courtesan
(aka Concubine, Escort, Harem-girl, Houri, Paramour) profession wasn't
available for Barbarian or Nomad cultures...

Reviewing the entire division of labour by social formation (what the game
calls "cultural background") would be quite an interesting task, and one
which I would certainly be interested in carrying out.

All the best, Lev