Roger Benham rog_benham at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 31 01:09:29 EST 2012

Lev,

I'd argue that there were sages/wise men, they could be considered in the same light as shamen.  There's no issue about stone age cultures training them up.  As for writing, it could be argued that quipu existed, we just haven't found it, for instance, or some holy injunction that stated the secret written language had to be burned after reading, so was incised into the sides of twigs.  I know it's not a simulationist viewpoint, but it is a fantasy game at the end of the day!