[Runequest] Literate Neolithics?

lev at rpgreview.net lev at rpgreview.net
Thu Aug 30 18:23:02 EST 2012

> Umm, well to be blunt about it, who cares?

Well, people with a social simulationist creative agenda care a great deal.

After all if we care about applying a modicum of realism to smashing
people's heads in, such a concern may as well be applied, even on a less
exacting level, on social settings and avoiding anachronisms in
professions and technology.

> Well, that combined with the settlement of Australia seem pretty
> conclusive
> evidence to me.

We don't have any evidence that Australia was settled by paleolithic
oceanic craft. Certainly the bark canoes (or more probably, driftwood)
could have made coastal journeys at best, island hopping across the
Indonesian archipelago, making it to the ice-age land bridge that existed
between Australia and New Guinea. It wasn't until the seventeenth century
CE, by best estimations, that the powerful dugout canoes were in use.

Regards, Lev