[Runequest] Runequest 6th ED.

Steve Perrin steve.perrin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 06:28:05 EST 2012

The great strength of RuneQuest and similar games has been that
everything the player needs to know is on the character sheet. Not
necessarily true with magic, but that is always the case. For that
reason, I don't like dice reduction rules for things you do every round.
And it's really very easy to lose track of 5% increments. Just roll for
the same number for each parry and let the dice crap out on their own.

This is not to say that I dislike %ile reductions for special actions or
things like double attacks. For that kind of thing, like using
Acrobatics and attacking in the same round, I go with the 30% reduction.
One reason is that reductions of multiples of 10 are easier to deal with
in the 6th hour of a marathon game than multiples of 5.

Steve Perrin