[Runequest] Runequest 6th ED.

Sven Lugar vikingjarl at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 06:58:34 EST 2012

I concur with Steve on this. Perhaps as a compromise toward what you are
wanting to achieve is to subtract 5 from the skill for each subsequent
Parry per action round. Thus a Steve's character parrying 5 attacks with
a skill of perhaps 60% would:
parry the first weapon at 60%
parry the second attack at 55%
parry the 3rd attack at 50%
parry the 4th attack at 45$
parry the 5th attack at 40%

This gives another advantage to those Runelords with over 100% skill who
don't depreciate significantly against multiple opponents.
If you consider this too insignificant a penalty perhaps you can use
other options that would require more tracking:
Much more significant a penalty would be to  subtract 5% for each attack
& parry. Thus say this bloke has 3 action points (for attack only) and
is once again facing 5 opponents (one of which for example we'll say is
faster than he is you would have:
Parry the first attack at the normal 60%,
Attack using the first action point at 55%
Parry the 2nd through 5th attacks at, 50%, 45%, 40%, & 35%
Parry the 2nd attack of the faster guy at 30%
Make his 2nd attack at 25%
Parry the 2nd attacks of the other bad-guys at 20%, 15%, 10%, & 6% (note
that you can't reduce the skill below the normal special success level)
All other attacks & parries would be at 6% his normal special success
level with the skill.

Personally I like the simplicity of the first better. A quick Tick box
would handle the reminders.
Sköl,
Sven