Tony Den postmaster at runequest.za.org
Tue May 24 17:53:41 EST 2011

lev at rpgreview.net wrote:
>>>Wonders why tey parted ways? I nothing long lasting these days.
>>
>> Sales of the Gloranthan line weren't good enough. Whether or not this is
>> because they put people off with the awful quality of MRQ1 is open to
>> speculation.
>>

> That was certainly as issue, and also the sheer quantity of material. It
> is a much better strategy to produce fewer and better items.
>
> Sure the dollars won't necessarily rain in the short term because you
> won't get the collector mania (people who have to buy everything). But it
> will create a lasting and stable income.
>
> Or at least that's what I think. I'm not privy to Mongoose's finances :)

Interesting pints and yes, I was put off by sheer volume. Staying in a
country where exchange rate to the pound is usually 11.5 to 1 it is a bit
offputting to see just so much gear. Waulity, havent got any gloranth
stuff, but I liked the monsters book. But i also agree, fewer high quality
items seems to have a been a RQ tradition in the past, leave the
postentially lower quality volume to OGL publisers. (of course we will not
mention Daughters of Darkness here:)