[Runequest] Contemplating House Rule -- Advice?

Peter Maranci pmaranci at gmail.com
Fri May 20 10:54:44 EST 2011

I'm not a medical professional, but it's my understanding that there's a
huge element of unpredictability in response to injury. A blow to the head
can cause unconsciousness, death, or simply a bit of pain. TV shows where
the heroes are able to knock people out with dependable accuracy and no
chance of serious injury or accidental death are completely inaccurate.

In the real world, a seemingly minor head wound can cause death, or have
surprisingly little effect. I'm reminded of several cases where people were
shot multiple times in the back of the skull; not only did they not die, in
some cases they didn't even realize that they were wounded. Yes, massive
injury will certainly kill. But it seems to me that RQ should mirror the
unpredictable results that less-than-massive damage can have.

->Peter

Peter Maranci - pmaranci at gmail.com