[Runequest] Contemplating House Rule -- Advice?

Robert Hoffman iquinn at surewest.net
Fri May 20 09:52:57 EST 2011

Certainly won't try to convince you this way is best or anything, but just
to clarify the bleeding roll is exactly what makes the length of time
unknown;  standard bleeding roll is Con x5 to avoid losing a hitpoint per
round,... for average character that's at least a 50% to survive the round.
Con x1 on a standard bleeding roll stops that wound and allows the character
to keep still or take an action and reopen the would.  Only the more serious
bleeding rolls require the Con x1 just to skip a single round.  So yeah,
Biff may die in 5 rounds if very unlucky, but often they make the Con x1
roll and get a second chance to live.  In way this makes it similar to the
resistance roll you're talking about.  And in game play terms it was at
least something for the player to do each round, since they certainly
weren't in the battle.  =P