[Runequest] Contemplating House Rule -- Advice?

Robert Hoffman iquinn at surewest.net
Fri May 20 07:54:39 EST 2011

Since we use bleeding rules that already factors in someone's constitution
towards the character's ability to sustain life.  Going to 0 is unconscious
and negative your max hit points is considered death.  Considering the
damage that got you that point bleeding out in 10-12 rounds isn't really all
that much in real world time.

Also going back to our magic number, receiving a single blow to the head,
chest or abdomen that is double the hitpoints +6 is instant death.  If the
damage to those locations is just negative its regular bleeding rolls, if
its double the hitpoints its the major bleeding rolls.  We've had situations
with characters bleeding out of 2-3 wounds that they have to roll for
individually.  Watching them slip ever closer to the negative hitpoint
"deadline" certainly does provide tension,... especially when the rest of
the party still needs to finish combat before they can even think of helping
their fallen comrade.