[Runequest] Contemplating House Rule -- Advice?

Peter Maranci pmaranci at gmail.com
Fri May 20 04:59:02 EST 2011

Personally it has always seemed to me that the cut-off of death at zero
general HP didn't make sense - it's much too binary for a percentile system.
:D

How about this? At zero HP, the victim is unconscious. For every point below
0, they must make a resistance roll of the negative damage versus their CON.

Failure equals death at the end of the round.

Success: unconscious but stable for the next 1d6 rounds, after which they
must make resistance rolls again.

Special success: permanently stabilized, unconscious but no further rolls
needed.

Critical success: Immediately recovers consciousness and is now at a
positive value of 1d6 current HP.

What do you think, too complicated?

Peter Maranci - pmaranci at gmail.com