[Runequest] Contemplating House Rule -- Advice?

Bjørn Are Stølen stolenbjorn at hotmail.com
Thu May 19 23:07:19 EST 2011

I like the lethality of combat. It makes priests and shamen with protective magic vital, and it makes outcasts and stand-aloners more vulnerable, making society and the need to belong somewhere more important.

But I've allso improvised the "limb lost"-bit. If someone gets 2 x hit-location damage from a stab, or blunt attack, for instance, then the limb is still on, but they need very good treatment to avoid gangreene, and if the treatment is successful, they need as much time to heal it as it would take with "regrow limb".