[Runequest] Contemplating House Rule -- Advice?

Styopa styopa1 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 09:16:17 EST 2011

We've been using this rule for the last two years, and its worked quite
well.
We still use the (limb hp x2) as the limit to deduction from body hp, with
the additional special rule that hacking weapons can sever a limb at x2 hp
on a special success or better...which just feels right.

We also use 0 hp is unconsciousness, death at negative half Con.
Head hits with blunt weapons have a chance too knock unconscious equal to
half the inflicted damage vs head hp on the resist table, which also makes
people want to protect their heads more realistically too.

Just some of our many house rules...endemic to a long-lived campaign.