[Runequest] Thieves want Garrottes

Roger Benham rog_benham at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 03:38:14 EST 2011

Cults of Terror, definitely.  I had a dark troll Doomed One who was pretty handy with a silver garrotte.  I think it was (Very roughly) 1D6 possibly 1D6+1 damage a round, armour protected only until overcome.

I don't recall any rules on a called shot, but if the target was unaware of the attack, I can't see how you could attack any other part of the body with a garrotte.  If the target isn't surprised, I'd let them try and get something in the way, but the something would take damage too- a hand or a shield, most likely.