[Runequest] Horse Combat

Robert Hoffman iquinn at surewest.net
Tue May 3 03:18:40 EST 2011

I'd be careful about the "+3pts protection" for testing against real world
example though the point is still valid with the other armor.  For our group
we definitely would apply knockback damage from the impact and as mentioned
there was modifiers for the speed of the mount.  Additionally, regardless of
the charge you have the standard height advantage of the mounted fighters
(+10% for them, -10% for the foot soldiers and hit chart modifier to favor
chest/head targets).

Dodge would also needs some serious negative modifiers if you're facing a
trained line of mounted warriors charging forward as a solid wall.