[Runequest] Introductory scenario for newcomers to RQ

Peter Maranci pmaranci at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 15:47:26 EST 2011

I'm going to be running an introductory RuneQuest scenario tomorrow for a
group of five newcomers to RQ. Three of them know D&D, and two are pretty
new to roleplaying in general.

We're not using Glorantha, although I am allowing Dark Trolls as well as
humans in the game. It's low-level to start, but has the option to become a
world-hopping campaign before long; I want to try using some of the
multi-genre capabilities of Basic Roleplaying. I'm thinking of using the RQ3
sample scenario tomorrow, just to give them a taste of the system...but if
anyone can suggest a better starting scenario, or even an idea for one, I'd
love to hear it. I can't use anything from my own website, because at least
one of the players has been reading it.

->Peter

Peter Maranci - pmaranci at gmail.com