Andrew bgecko at bigpond.com
Sat Jun 11 12:20:49 EST 2011

You may be right in regards to Glorantha no longer being a great setting for
a game in todays market. Although, it was what drew me to RQ in the frst
place (as Tecumel? drew me to Empire of the Petal Throne). Too many fantasy
setting are derivative of Tolkein, Hyperborea and the like for my tastes and
these two stand out as being original settings and ideas (as original as
anything really can be anyway. everything is really derivative of
something).

I think the main problem with Mongoose RQ was for it to be really successful
it needed to attract new gamers and appeal to older gamers like myself. I
think they would have been better off picking up the baton where RQ2 and 3
left off and continued on. Release more supplements and generally draw upon
what already existed and allowed players to adapt and add that material.
Older gamers would then have had renewed interest and the best way for games
to spread is word of mouth and older gamers introducing new players. 2nd Age
stuff for me was just for interests sake only and not really for gaming.

My 2 cents anyway.

Andrew