[Runequest] RQ/BRP-derived fantasy RPGs?

Peter Maranci pmaranci at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 13:44:48 EST 2011

I've become uncomfortably aware that there are now a LOT of RuneQuest and
BRP-derived RPGs - both commercial and OGL (or the equivalent)  - currently
available out there. I'd like to include them all in my history of RQ
article, and this list is surely the best way to fill in the gaps in my
information. Here are the ones that I can think of:

RuneQuest 6th edition (from The Design Mechanism - not yet available)
Basic Roleplaying (Chaosium, the multi-genre edition)
Basic Roleplaying (the monograph edition, also Chaosium)
G.O.R.E (Goblinoid Press)
D101
Legend (formerly Wayfarer, from Mongoose. Also they apparently have other
RPGs based on the same system using Moorcock's Eternal Champion?)

I'm sure there are more, but I have a massive headache at the moment and
can't think of them. So what have I missed?

->Peter

Peter Maranci - pmaranci at gmail.com