[Runequest] Moon Designs

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Wed Jul 20 13:37:40 EST 2011

At 9:06 AM -0700 19/7/11, Warren Creighton wrote:
>I don't think the Reaching Moon and Moon Design have any relation to
>each other.  Isn't Moon Design the entity created by Rick Meints to
>publish the Glorathan materials ?

	Yeah, Moon Design was originally Rick Meints company for
publishing RQ2 reprints and other bits and pieces. When Issaries Inc
stopped publishing HeroQuest stuff, they licenced both HeroQuest and
Glorantha to Moon Design (which had a pretty solid record of good
quality publications by that point), and they've been the publishers
for HeroQuest ever since, as well as Greg Staffords various deep
background works. And they've written the new HeroQuest rules and
Sartar books. All great stuff.
	The Reaching Moon Megacorp and Moon Design have no formal
connection that I am aware of, and the RMM is closed for business
http://www.btinternet.com/~nick_brooke/products/index.htm but the two
groups have very close and friendly connections. RMM were the first
people to publish Rick (the Meintz Index to Glorantha, which got him
into the whole publication business), and RMM people have been
working on Moon Design products pretty much since the first one (eg
Nick Brooke from RMM proofed Moon Designs Gloranthan Classics Vol I),
and there are shout outs to RMM in recent MD products.
	In short, different organisations, but closely connected
ones, all people who've been part of core Glorantha fandom for a long
times.
	Cheers
		David