[Runequest] Fwd: RQ6...

Bruce Mason mason.bruce at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 22:49:25 EST 2011

On 19 July 2011 12:30, <lev at rpgreview.net> wrote:

>  This is very exciting news indeed. I'll be pleased if they can
> incorporate
> some pretty simple narrative devices and remove those damn "Legendary
> Abilities".

The heroic abilities make for a useful option; especially if magic is not
prevalent. They also make a useful framework for ki powers. From being
initially sceptical in MRQ1 I've found them to be surprisingly flavourful
and functional.

On the other hand, lets leave narrative devices out of it. Passions, pacts
and hero points provide all the narrative mechanics I want a game like RQ.