[Runequest] RQIII Sorcery

Peter Maranci pmaranci at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 04:32:05 EST 2011

Phil, thanks! That's a very good point. I hadn't thought of that, but you're
right, spell skill *doesn't* degrade if the spell knowledge is in a matrix -
even if you happen to be out of contact with the matrix for years.

Okay, good. Sorcerers can forget spells, and then relearn them at no loss of
skill. The book says it takes one hour to forget a spell, and I don't think
re-learning a spell you once knew should take the same amount of time as
learning a brand new spell. So I'm inclined to say that a deliberately
forgotten spell can be relearned after one day of study, with no INT roll
required. Can anyone see anything wrong with that? Is there any potential
problem that I'm missing?

->Peter

Peter Maranci - pmaranci at gmail.com