[Runequest] MRQ2 - Any good?

Lev Lafayette lev at rpgreview.net
Fri Jan 28 22:39:39 EST 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 13:37 +0000, Bruce Mason wrote:
> I think this has been answered before but I can summarise my opinions.
>
> In spirit it's closer to RQ2 than to RQ3. Which is to say that there's
> an attempt to prioritise game fun over simulation.

I actually think MRQ2 is a lot closer to RQ3. MRQ1 tried to emulate RQ2,
but, for various reasons, didn't quite cut the grade.

One of the things I obviously like about it is that the seemed to go
through a checklist of all the things I complained about MRQ in my
review on rpg.net and followed my advice almost to the letter :)