[Runequest] [BRP] Monograph - In Search of the Trollslayer

strobus at sympatico.ca strobus at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 12 01:14:39 EST 2011

Hi Tony,

I bought that quite some time ago, now. I personally found it a little too generic-fantasy for my taste these days, though I'm sure that's what it's meant to be. If it's poorly edited, then that's an irony because it actually isn't a monograph, but a full production Chaosium book, and so would have received attention from Chaosium's art and editing departments (which monographs do not).

I also bought the two BRP Adventures compilations produced so far (a third is on the way). These -are- monographs and full of fan-produced material. I found them to be a mixed bag with some very strong and pretty weak stuff mixed together. They both have way too many silly 'pulpy' style adventures for my taste. But there have also been some real gems. The first adventure from the first book, called Sharazar (or similar spelling) remains my favourite BRP gold book adventure to date. There were also some interesting stand out adventures from C.J. Bowser, Mechashef, Sarah Newton and others who might subscribe to this list.

Anything produced for BRP is highly compatible with RQ3 rules, so not worries in that regard.

Cheers!

Chris