[Runequest] Fire starting questions

Andy Leighton andyl at azaal.plus.com
Sun Dec 4 22:03:49 EST 2011

On Sat, Dec 03, 2011 at 03:17:23PM -0800, steven mckenzie wrote:
> In the magical dnd world everything is a feat, and automatic, LOL
> In RQ/BRP I usually use a fine manipulation roll. When I did living
> history to use flint and steel was harder than bowing, lol.

Not IME.  I've never had much success with a fire-bow.  Flint and steel
in comparison was pretty easy, at least for me.

> Takes about 5 minutes for those of use that were good, that is with
> dry fluff etc.

I've seen some who can get a flame in seconds.  Rain and wind makes it
harder sometimes much harder or even impossible unless under shelter.

Andy Leighton => andyl at azaal.plus.com
   - Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_