[Runequest] MRQ II - Combat

lev at rpgreview.net lev at rpgreview.net
Sun Aug 21 21:53:12 EST 2011

> SPD in low level Hero system games is a similarly analogous issue. And
> similarly, everyone in that game built characters with high SPD whether or
> not it was part of their character conception - it was just too useful.
> When players get some control over their characteristics, I expect the
> great majority will try to get 3 CAs.

Whilst somewhat OT, this wasn't necessarily true. We used to run regular
Champions 'pit bashes' with characters of equal point value, last
superhero standing.

As expected, nearly everyone took high SPD characters. One player however
decided for a low SPD option and put the character points into Strength,
Armor and a little advantage, Extra Limbs.

Despite being slow, they would win by grabbing their opponent, holding
them and then (against DCV 0) pound them into submission..

Best wishes,

Lev