[Runequest] Exploding D12

Andy Leighton andyl at azaal.plus.com
Sun Aug 14 20:16:48 EST 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:00:37PM -0700, Steve Davies wrote:
> If it's like the Hackmaster rule, whenever you roll max on a die
> (12 in this case), you reroll and subtract one from it and add it
> to the previous roll.

Most dice explosion rules don't have the subtract -1 business.  In
Savage Worlds most dice rolls can explode (even when you reroll the
d12).  Exploding dice is quite a popular mechanic among many games.
Rolemaster (which uses d100) explodes up on a 96-00 but also
explodes down on a 01-05 IIRC.

Andy Leighton => andyl at azaal.plus.com
   - Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_