[Runequest] My new RuneQuest House Rules

lev at rpgreview.net lev at rpgreview.net
Thu Aug 11 12:00:46 EST 2011

> I very much like the magic-item limiting rules, forcing players to make
> choices and not just become walking magic-item racks.
> Note to self: NEVER, EVER, EVER again allow them to get a bag of holding.
>  Ever.

Of course you let them have one. They make awesome plot devices.

Player: "I reach into my bag of holding..."
GM: "You find something new there.. Perhaps hidden in a corner for
years... It's like a ball with rope attached"
Player: "Hrm, Waha Rope maybe? I pull it out."
GM: "Bwahaha.. You stare into the face of a medusa!"

Or.. more interestingly ...

Player: "I reach into the bag of holding"
GM: "It seems deeper than usual"
Player: "Really? How deep?"
GM: "Much, much deeper.."

etc. Player discovers that the bag of holding has become a gate to another
location/plane etc.

Anyway... Back to the real subject. Don't want to threadjack etc.