[Runequest] My new RuneQuest House Rules

Styopa styopa1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 02:28:38 EST 2011

Hi Nik,

I like the character generation rules.  I know you think they're fugly, but
I like them.

I very much like the magic-item limiting rules, forcing players to make
choices and not just become walking magic-item racks.
Note to self: NEVER, EVER, EVER again allow them to get a bag of holding.
 Ever.

Given the extreme value (to the DM) of family members in driving character
actions, I'd consider granting 1 re-roll for each living family member
presented in reasonable detail, up to perhaps a limit of 4?  "Infant
siblings" might only count as a maximum of 1, regardless of the number.
 Infant children count individually. (?)

I like the damage-to-already-disabled locations.

Re Death and Dying, I allow them to go unconscious at 0, and dead at -1/2
CON (round down).  If you're below 0, you will lose 1 general hp per round
until death, this can be avoided for a single round with a luck roll
(POWx1).  If you're right AT zero, you can reawaken with the luck roll.
 Fumble the luck roll in either case, and you lose another 1hp.

Only had time to read about 20 pages, but I like a lot of what you've got in
there.