Tony Den postmaster at runequest.za.org
Mon Nov 22 23:10:39 EST 2010

ES Wrote:
> I also use this RQ3 rule, but instead of halving the skill, I apply a -50%
> modifier, which I think is fairer, IMHO.
> I'm still not convinced by the new MRQ2 rule, where you can hit your
> enemy's
> head just by rolling a successful hit and him/her an unsuccessful parry.
> And
> you?

I tend to agree. On both accounts. Going at half skill could be the other
way to go, but maybe that gives some advantage to a bloke with low skill
and penalises a lad with high skill? But yes IMO a called shot is always
harder to do, takes more concentration, even for a grand master, so there
should be some sort of preperation or penalty to balance the game.