Phil Hibbs snarks at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 11:30:57 EST 2010

Styopa:
> Or, you just have players that know the rules and so when you ask for
> initiative rolls, they add in their mods and tell you the result.  When they
> swing, they say "ok I'm at 84% to hit, so 42 for a called shot and +10 for
> height advantage" they roll and it's done.

I don't have the luxury of choosing experienced, mathematically adept
roleplayers. One of my best friends has no ability with numbers or
rules at all, but he's a friend and I like gaming with him, I don't
want to penalize him just because he isn't that good at maths and
remembering rules.

Phil.
--
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?