[Runequest] hitting a specific hit location

Bjørn Are Stølen stolenbjorn at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 19 08:59:14 EST 2010

Well, this is a pain a certain place. I've been studying longswordmanuals from 14th and 15th century europe the past years, and nowhere do I see any particular technique where you aim for a certain location. What you do, is that you attack along different lines, that often ends up that you're hit certain places. The most common places you're hit when applying theese old techniques are hands, arms and head. This will of course differ from weapon to weapon. And from technique to technique.

The way I've decided to solve "aiming", is to not allow aiming at all, but letting the fighters roll oposing rolls. The margin of success can be used to either increase damage or to aim certain places, symbolizing that your skills are so superior that you manage to set up your opponent for an aimed attack.