[Runequest] hitting a specific hit location

Tom Cantine tcantine at incentre.net
Fri Nov 19 02:34:25 EST 2010

I played around with this for a while, and found this worked all right
for my players.

To aim at a particular hit location, declare so at Statement of Intent,
and impose a -10 percentile penalty.

Then, upon rolling the attack, roll hit location normally, but for
every full 5 percentiles you beat your required roll by, you can modify
the hit location die by one.

For example, if your skill was 75% and you had no other modifiers, you
needed a 65% to hit while aiming for the opponent's head (20 on the hit
location table, if I remember correctly). Say you rolled a 47 to hit.
You could then add up to 3 to the hit location die, so you'd hit the
head on a 17-20, instead of just on a 20.