Phil Hibbs snarks at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 02:05:35 EST 2010

Pete Nash:
> As for allowing regular selection of 'Choose Location', well that is exactly
> what happens in a real armed combat between two competent fighters.
> ... but if your opponent can't get their block or ward up
> in time then you will hit them in the face because it is precisely what you
> were aiming for.

>From my limited experience of LARP fighting, you take the shots that
you can get. I might want to hit the guy somewhere specific (head
shots were forbidden for safety reasons), but he's got a shield or
weapon in the way most of the time, so I mostly ended up hitting
people in the ankles. So a "failed" parry might well mean that I get
to hit him, but not where I wanted to.

I think I might try running my next MRQ fight with a rule mod: Choose
Location can only be picked on an unopposed melee attack. The tank in
my group has a bonus CA from Enhance INT and Enhance DEX so in most
1-on-1 fights he gets one or two free hits anyway.

Phil.
--
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?