[Runequest] hitting a specific hit location

Bruce Mason mason.bruce at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 01:49:32 EST 2010

Actually scratch that reply. I just looked at the odds properly and they're
not good. Basically to get a combat manoeuvre you need a special success and
your opponent needs to fail. Considering two weapon masters (100% each) then
the chance of someone getting a CM is almost exactly 1%. Two 50%ers against
each other have a 5% chance per roll of getting a CM. What happens then is
that CMs virtually disappear. This means that RQ3 combats could become very
sterile very quickly.