[Runequest] [MRQ II] MRQ Edition Comparison

Tony Den postmaster at runequest.za.org
Wed Nov 17 00:27:47 EST 2010

Phil Hibbs wrote:

> I've not read MRQ1, but I think the main thing is that they fixed a
> few things that they badly screwed up with the First Edition, for
> example classifying a whole load of Divine Magic spells as Rune Magic
> (formerly known as Spirit Magic, now known as Common Magic). Also,
> they beefed up Divine Magic and Sorcery a lot, it's relatively trivial
> to become outrageously powerful compared to RQ3 through sorcery, but
> that's appropriate for a Second Age Glorantha game, and can be
> moderated for other settings by restricting access to grimoires.

Interesting, thanks for the comments. Its always nice to know that if one
falls for sales one doesnt end up with a "Daughter of Darkness" ha ha.
Actyually not that funny, I have a shelf full of rubbish I have purchased
on a whim that I will doubtfully ever be anble to pass on to even the most
hard core collectors.