[Runequest] [MRQ II] MRQ Edition Comparison

Bruce Mason mason.bruce at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 20:34:39 EST 2010

To be honest if you don't know the MRQ1 rules it's pretty hard to explain
the differences. Pretty much everything is changed to a lesser or greater
extent. For example, higher magic (divine and sorcery) is significantly more
powerful than any previous edition of RQ but the progression is linear.
shamanism is completely new, the combat system has unified special results,
combat effects and tactics all into one mechanic called Combat Manoeuvres.
On the whole you can look at a stat block and most things look roughly the
same as MRQ1 but how they are interpreted is quite different. It is just
about possible to use MRQ1 stats as is in about 90% of the cases but the
system is heavily revised.