[Runequest] [MRQ II] MRQ Edition Comparison

Phil Hibbs snarks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 20:21:49 EST 2010

Tony:
> I see that the Second Edition Mongoose RuneQuest is in full swing now.
> Any ideas what the difference between first and second editions is?

I've not read MRQ1, but I think the main thing is that they fixed a
few things that they badly screwed up with the First Edition, for
example classifying a whole load of Divine Magic spells as Rune Magic
(formerly known as Spirit Magic, now known as Common Magic). Also,
they beefed up Divine Magic and Sorcery a lot, it's relatively trivial
to become outrageously powerful compared to RQ3 through sorcery, but
that's appropriate for a Second Age Glorantha game, and can be
moderated for other settings by restricting access to grimoires.

Phil.
--
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?