[Runequest] Highlevel combat

Phil Hibbs snarks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 23:09:12 EST 2010

Bruce:
> It's the equivalent
> of taking the most literal interpretation of Hit Points increasing
> with level that you can physically imagine. It's as if someone
> has come up with a really, really bad rationalisation for D&D.

Nonsense, you don't just get them automatically, and most people will
not choose that path, as there are better ways to spend POW. It's an
option, a way of using magic to make you tougher, and as a bonus, it
minimizes bookkeeping. Not everyone wants to bother with spell lists,
some people just don't think that way. For my player, it was a way to
use up that POW without going down the "magic user" route. And it
never got to the same level as D&D, as his POW increased he would
spend an occasional point on an enchantment but he kept it at a
reasonably high level to protect against incoming magic, so the
increase slowed down naturally.

Phil.
--
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?