[Runequest] Runequest II

Lev Lafayette lev at rpgreview.net
Sun Nov 7 00:20:48 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 03:29 +0800, David Cake wrote:

> >  Luck, ironically, seemingly becomes dominant in the results.

Hey, that's what was written on the box "Masters of Luck and Death"!

>         But the real problem with high level play for me was it often
> became about waiting for that 5% missed parry or that fumble. Round
> after round of hit parry hit parry hit parry was DULL.

Except it doesn't really last longer than several rounds (although that
can be a while in RQ)... A successful parry only protected to the extent
of the APs of the weapon and anything beyond was both applied to the
target plus it reduced the APs by an additional 1... and as you say, the
damage that was being thrown around by powerful PCs (Bladesharp IV,
+1d4-1d6 damage bonus, Truesword, Damage Boosting) tends to turn
parrying weapons - even those of iron one - into mush pretty quickly....

All the best,

Lev