[Runequest] Re : Runequest II

Alban de ROSTOLAN aluban at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 4 20:46:22 EST 2010

I think the real reason why Mongoose called their second version of the game
"RuneQuest II" is because they published the first one under an OGL licence,
which they now want to get rid of.

After all, a lot of roleplaying games exist with second, third, fifth, etc.
editions and MRQII is the only one I know in which the edition has been included
in the name. Except perhaps "*Advanced* Dungeons & Dragons".

In short, I see a difference between calling a game "RuneQuest II" and
"RuneQuest, 2nd edition".