[Runequest] Reissues was Re: Runequest Digest, Vol 30, Issue 7

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Thu Nov 4 15:51:57 EST 2010

At 12:53 PM +1000 4/11/10, Andrew wrote:
>So which company has released/re-released RQ2 in order to attract new players?

	My understanding is none.
	Mongoose have released a new edition of their own RuneQuest,
significantly different in rules, which they are calling RuneQuest 2,
but I think everyone but them will probably be calling MRQ2 in order
to avoid confusion.
	My understanding is that the Basic Roleplaying System
currently offered by Chaosium
http://basicroleplaying.com/content.php/34-Basic-Roleplaying
	seems to be some bits of rules from Call of Cthulhu, some
from RQ3, with the rules for magic/other extraordinary powers from
several different settings (Stormbringer, Hawkmoon, Elfquest,
Superworld, etc). Several of the supplements for it look to be
straight RQ3 reissues, though.
	Anyone taken a look at it?
	Cheers
		David

PS just about everything ever made by Chaosium that isn't part of a
game line sold to someone else (like Pendragon) seems to be available
as a PDF from them now. Not just odd games like Nephilim, but going
all the way back to All The Worlds Monsters, beloved of munchkin D&D
players in the early 80s!