Phil Hibbs snarks at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 00:26:45 EST 2010

> hi there guys and the odd girl.
> can any body explain to me why there is a runequest 11 as ther is 3 and 4
> do the new additions  not inprove on the ones before,should it not be called
> 5 as it is a inproved version,
> i was only a infantry so could you core men explain,thanks.

When Mongoose got the licence, they ignored any previous numbering and
started again. The new version is Mongoose RuneQuest 2, often referred
to as MRQ2 to avoid confusion with Chaosium RQ. To be fair, RuneQuest
had always been officially just called "RuneQuest" before, and you had
to dig deep in the small print to find the version number.

Phil Hibbs.
--
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?