[Runequest] Time and Skill Increases in RuneQuest III

Wayne Shaw shaw at caprica.com
Sun May 2 02:54:48 EST 2010

At 03:33 PM 4/30/2010, you wrote:
>On Sat, 2010-05-01 at 01:14 -0700, Wayne Shaw wrote:
> > At 07:14 AM 4/30/2010, you wrote:
>

> > Well, part of the problem here is that you can get power gain rolls
> > too frequently anyway; as they pointed out when the RQ:AIG playtest
> > was under way, with frequent adventuring you should have had 25 year
> > old rune priests all over the place.
>
>Depends on what age you start the PCs (I allowed them to choose between
>17 and 27 as per the range in RQ3) and how often they go on
>'adventures'. My current PCs manage around 3 every 2 years, the rest of
>the time being taken up doing 'normal work'.

Yeah bujt we've had this discussion before I think, Lev; as far as I
can tell the Pendragon-style "adventuring as something you do around
the rest of your life" isn't the typical one most people who use the
game do.  As such, I suspect you're often seeing the equivelent of
anywhere from six to twenty-four power gain rolls in a year for a lot
of RQ characters, and POW just skyrockets compared to age with that.