[Runequest] Time and Skill Increases in RuneQuest III

Lev Lafayette lev at rpgreview.net
Sat May 1 08:33:12 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-01 at 01:14 -0700, Wayne Shaw wrote:
> At 07:14 AM 4/30/2010, you wrote:

> Well, part of the problem here is that you can get power gain rolls
> too frequently anyway; as they pointed out when the RQ:AIG playtest
> was under way, with frequent adventuring you should have had 25 year
> old rune priests all over the place.

Depends on what age you start the PCs (I allowed them to choose between
17 and 27 as per the range in RQ3) and how often they go on
'adventures'. My current PCs manage around 3 every 2 years, the rest of
the time being taken up doing 'normal work'.

I think our first RunePriest was in his mid thirties when he acquired
that status, although we did have a Shaman in the party by their late
twenties.