[Runequest] RQ Skill Deterioration

Albert Ramirez al_ramirez_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat May 1 03:20:32 EST 2010

Phil Hibbs:
>True, but it's a pretty blunt implement - if a DEX 16 initiate with 120%
>sword attack skill becomes a priest, do they lose ~40% instantly?

I run RQ2 (1980 edition) and only rune lords can go above 100% in combat skills under RQ2 rules.  When initiates haven't trained their DEX to 20 or above, a reduction of 5% per game month is reasonable and this usually works out to 5% per adventure for priests that are not in combat oriented  cults.

Priests can still increase by experience to the DEXx5 limit if they are below the limit when they become priests.

Otherwise, if priests want to increase their combat skills above DEXx5 they need to take a leave of absence or become priest-lords under RQ2.