[Runequest] Time and Skill Increases in RuneQuest III

Styopa styopa1 at gmail.com
Sat May 1 00:14:47 EST 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Wayne Shaw <shaw at caprica.com> wrote:

> At 07:59 AM 4/27/2010, you wrote:

>> The training stats suggestion is the right yardstick for difficulty, but
>> I must wonder whether it is plausible that one's
>> spiritual/divine/essence connection is something that is trained or
>> rather experienced through epiphany.
>>
>> Maybe POW training could consist of going out into the desert and
>> fasting for forty days and forty nights :)
>>

> When I allowed it, I considered it a guided medatation process.
>
> I'm a rules-lawyer player myself, so I tend to want to close every
loophole.
As a player, personally I'd capture a trollkin or somesuch, perhaps
something unintelligent but aggressive.

Then I'd set up a "fight club", with my well-armored and skilled friends
spectating - "I want you to hit me, as hard as you can"...as needed, I'd
cast disrupt until I succeeded.  Fight over, I step out if I'm still
conscious.  I wouldn't kill the target (on purpose).

Sure, you can just deny it as a DM, but logically that it's not a stressful
situation, nor that as a character I wouldn't feel 'at risk'.