Sven Lugar vikingjarl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 03:51:35 EST 2010

Bjorn is quite correct (your English is quite fine btw - better than my
Swedish by a long shot) and with some good source material as well. Also
there is no reason a 1 handed spear can't be used 2 handed actually.
It's just a shorter lighter spear that is primarily used with a shield
in the offhand. Sometimes it is best to go with a substitute as I
suggested /(This very argument btw was discussed during the original
writing of Runequest after my incident and several similar episodes from
a variety of folks)/ because a GM may need to explain what is going on
or at the very least understand the fighting style enough to describe
and run situations plausibly.
Skol,
Sven