[Runequest] parrying with 1h-spear + hailing to the fatigue-rules based on reacent experience :)

Bjørn Are Stølen stolenbjorn at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 23:53:29 EST 2010

I see the right answer has been given allready, I just want to join in and confirm that a 1h. spear is perfectly possible to parry with. Fiore di Liberi even shows how you can parry a lance-attack with your own lance, it's pretty much the same consept as when you do "winden" with longsword

I'm just back from the re-enactmentbattle of Grunwald btw; here's a teaser from polish TV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efgKl20UK-c (the footage is not from this year's event). This year about 500 000 were watching, and we were about 3000 fighters on the field, 80 mounted, some 20 cannons, some 50 handguns, and some 100 archers on each side. The rest were fighting with polearms or 1h-swords. It was 42 degrees celcius when we fought, and I've now experienced in person how overheating is well reflected in the encumbrance-vs-fatigue-rules in RQ3!