[Runequest] [RQ III] - Is it possible to parry with a 1H spear?

Hola Hallo easysamurai at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 18:53:21 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

Last day my little brother asked me to create a RQ3 character for him. He is
a fan of Link, of the Zelda videogames, so he chose to create a green elf.
He is initiate of Aldrya and Yelmalio (Halamalao), and when he rolled for
the Yelmalio gift, he got the "90% to attack and parry with 1H spear".

But, wait a second, can you imagine someone parrying attacks with a 1H
spear?  O_O;

Should I change this for a 90% parry with shield?
Or just take the 2H-spear-90%-attack-and-parry gift instead?

What do you think?