Simon Phipp soltakss at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 11 03:48:44 EST 2010

Lev Lafayette:
> Hi grimer,
>
>> I have two questions about the AH (Deluxe) RQ3 rules that I would like
>> to ask:
>>
>> 1. How long does it take a knocked-down (via knockback etc) character
>> to stand back up? I have been using 3 SR but can't find the actual
>> number anywhere.
>
> I would count it as six; prone to kneeling, kneeling to standing. Rather
> like sheathing a weapon and drawing another (p47 Players Book)

That makes sense. We used 3 SRs and an action. If you tried an
Acrobatics/Tumbling roll then you'd probably be able to get up in 3SRs.

>> 2. In the "Melee Activities" section of the Combat chapter of the RQ3
>> Players Book, there is a strike rank calculation example: "Tostig is
>> wounded on melee strike rank 4. His player immediately declares that
>> Tostig is changing his Statement of Intent (costing 3 strike ranks)
>> and will begin casting a Healing 4 spell. The spell will require 7
>> strike ranks to cast (Tostig's DEX strike rank modifier plus 1 per
>> magic point in the spell). The spell will take effect on strike rank 1
>> of the next melee round."
>>
>> Is this calculation correct? It seems to me the spell would go off on
>> SR 4 of the next round (starting at SR 4, +3 for changing Statement of
>> Intent, +7 for the actual casting).

> You are correct. The example is incorrect. And well spotted.

Yes, the example seems to be starting from the start of the round rather than
from the SR 4  blow.

> (Something that has always thrown me is that there are 10 strike ranks
> per 12 second round. Our group has made it a 10 second round for
> simplicity...)

We used 12 SRs per round, as in RQ2, but with the 3SR between action cost, so
this allows more actions per round.

See Ya

Simon