[Runequest] RQ3 strike rank questions

grimer grimer at me.com
Tue Jul 6 08:38:27 EST 2010

Hi all,

I have two questions about the AH (Deluxe) RQ3 rules that I would like to ask:

1. How long does it take a knocked-down (via knockback etc) character to stand back up? I have been using 3 SR but can't find the actual number anywhere.

2. In the "Melee Activities" section of the Combat chapter of the RQ3 Players Book, there is a strike rank calculation example: "Tostig is wounded on melee strike rank 4. His player immediately declares that Tostig is changing his Statement of Intent (costing 3 strike ranks) and will begin casting a Healing 4 spell. The spell will require 7 strike ranks to cast (Tostig's DEX strike rank modifier plus 1 per magic point in the spell). The spell will take effect on strike rank 1 of the next melee round."

Is this calculation correct? It seems to me the spell would go off on SR 4 of the next round (starting at SR 4, +3 for changing Statement of Intent, +7 for the actual casting).

---
Thanks for any help or insight!
grimer